About Samuel Yu, Esq.
Samuel Yu, Esq. is the Managing Partner of Kahana Feld’s Irvine office and Chair of the firm’s General Business Litigation practice group. Mr. Yu has extensive experience in shareholder disputes, employment litigation, real estate disputes, and trade secret litigation. As a seasoned trial attorney, Mr. Yu has successfully represented clients in various business enterprises including financial services companies, technology companies, telecommunications companies, medical research companies, food processing companies, logistics companies, textile companies, real estate brokerages, non-profit organizations, and small businesses in a broad range of practice areas.
Mr. Yu has been rated by his peers as “AV Preeminent,” ranking him at the highest level of professional excellence for his legal knowledge, communication skills, and ethical standards. Mr. Yu is active in the Orange County and Asian American community and served as President of the Orange County Korean American Bar Association (“OCKABA”) from 2021 to 2022. He currently serves on the board for OCKABA and OCKABA’s charitable arm, OCKABA Foundation, and was recently appointed to the board of directors for the California Asian Pacific American Bar Association (“Cal-APABA”). Mr. Yu also serves on the Orange County Bar Association’s Education Committee and the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee. Mr. Yu resides in Irvine with his wife and two sons.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- Loyola of Los Angeles International & Comparative Law Review, Staff Writer
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Intern
- University of California, Berkeley (Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies)
- State Bar of California
- Obtained favorable settlements in excess of $3 million on behalf of the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC) on breach of contract, domestication of foreign judgment, and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Obtained a favorable settlement including a buyout and payment of attorney’s fees on behalf of a minority shareholder in a dispute regarding the invalidity of an election of the board of directors and failure to provide corporate records by an entertainment technology company.
- Compelled a wage and hour and misclassification class action lawsuit against a trucking company to arbitration resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully defended a non-profit religious organization in a takeover attempt.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a real estate broker in a breach of fiduciary duty action where the broker was being sued for damages in excess of $1 million.
- Gained a favorable settlement in excess of $1 million on behalf of a telecommunication company after successfully bringing an application for writ of attachment and right to attach order in a breach of contract action.
- Obtained a jury verdict for the tenant in an action against the landlord for intentional interference with prospective economic advantage where the jury awarded the tenant approximately $700,000, over twice the amount originally sought.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of more than $600,000 on a breach of contract action on behalf of a telecommunications company for a recovery of 95% of the amount owed after bringing a motion for summary judgment.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in excess of $300,000 against a construction company regarding damages arising from a home renovation project.
- AV Preeminent Rated
- Prior Association with LTL Attorneys
- Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC)
- Korea Resolution & Collection Corporation (KR&C)
- Darkstore / FastAF
- Tax Rise
- Island Snacks
- Berenson Cancer Center
- Transko Electronics
- Blackbird Studios
- Liberty Commercial Finance
- N. Glantz & Son
- Signal Messenger
- West Wood Products
- OCKABA, Director and Past President (2021-2022)
- OCKABA Foundation, Director
- Cal-APABA, Director