- Update: Remediation on San Francisco’s “Leaning Tower” to begin by November.
- New Homes Sales Across the County are at High Levels Despite COVID-19
- Construction Starts to Resume in California Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Amidst COVID-19 Residential Construction Shows Growth, Though Restrictions Mount
- Reflecting on Three Years of Kahana & Feld
- The Dangers of Prematurely Recording a Mechanics Lien
About Jason Daniel Feld, Esq.
Jason Daniel Feld, Esq. is a Founding Partner of Kahana & Feld where he chairs the insurance defense and real estate/construction litigation practice group. Mr. Feld focuses in the defense of homebuilders, contractors, developers, and real estate professionals primarily in construction defect, general liability, insurance defense, construction accident and real estate matters. Mr. Feld also represents government entities handling construction, eminent domain, general liability and environmental claims. Mr. Feld is a nationwide leader in construction claims and active industry speaker serving as panel counsel for many prominent insurance carriers, as well as personal counsel to several national and regional homebuilders, developers and general contractors. Mr. Feld is licensed to practice law in the States of California, Arizona and Texas.
Mr. Feld lives in Tustin Ranch with his wife and two daughters. He enjoys playing basketball, scuba diving, traveling and coaching his daughters’ soccer and basketball teams. Most importantly he is a die-hard Houston sports fan.
- Whittier Law School (Juris Doctor, cum laude)
- Extern to Honorable Alex Kozinkski, US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Law Review and Trial Advocacy Honors Board, Member
- National Jewish Law Students Association, President (1998-1999)
- Joseph A. Ball/Clarence S. Hunt Inns of Court, Member
- University of Houston (Bachelor of Science in Political Science, cum laude)
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity (President 1994-1995)
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Honors Society
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of Texas
- US Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
- US District Court of the Central and Southern Districts of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- AV Preeminent Rated – Martindale Hubble (peer rating awarded to the top 10% of attorneys that are recognized for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards)
- Recognized as Rising Star by Super Lawyer Magazine (2009 – 2011)
- Featured Attorney, Orange County Lawyer Journal
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- President , Orange County Chapter (2020 – Present)
- Director of Education Orange County Chapter (2019 – 2020)
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association, Founding Member
- Perrin Conferences – Annual National Construction Defect Conference, Speaker
- “Breaking Down California’s Ever-Changing Right to Repair Act” – Law360
- “Steps to Curb Construction Defect Actions for Homebuilders” – Construction Defect Journal
- “Emerging Construction Technologies” – Construction Claims Magazine
- S&S Homes of the Central Coast, Inc.
- Mission Homes / Mission Development Co., Inc.
- H/S Development Co., Inc.
- United Development Group, Inc.
- CoVelop Collaborative, Inc.
- AVM Industries, Inc.
- Signature Properties, Inc.
- Mira Investments, Inc.
- RKC Builders, Inc.
- S.D. Daniels Construction, Inc.
- Patriot Homes / DS Ventures, Inc.
- The Olson Company
- TRC Development, Inc. / Avalon Homes
- Arnaiz Development, Inc. / Pristine Homes
- Steven Walker Homes, Inc.
- HomeCrete Homes / Key Construction, Inc.
- Hofmann Homes
- Pinnacle Communities, Inc.
- Alvarado Group / Century Builders / Highlands Diversified, Inc.
- North American Steel Corporation
- KWA Construction
- Bright Development, Inc.
- Fireproof Contractors, Inc.
- Van Daele Development
- City Ventures, Inc.
- Mastercraft Homes Group / Pacific Standard, Inc.
- K. Hovnanian Homes, Inc. / Forecast Homes, Inc.
Insurance Carrier Clients
- Markel/Evanston Insurance
- Allianz Resolution Management
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co.
- RiverStone Claims Management
- American Safety Insurance Co.
- Certain Underwriters, Lloyds of London
- Houston Casualty Insurance Company
- Tudor Insurance Company / Western World Insurance
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
- United Specialty Insurance Company
- York Risk Services / American Claims Services, Inc.
- Croft Claim Services, Inc.
- Network Adjusters, Inc.
- Enstar / Cranmore
- Starr Insurance
- Arch Insurance
- Gallagher Bassett
- AIG Insurance Co.
- Tokio Marine Insurance Co.
- Cove Programs
- Home Contractors Insurance Co.
- Sedgwick, Inc.
- AmeriSure Insurance
- National Claims Services, Inc.
- City of Pasadena
- County of Orange
- Congregation B’nai Israel, Board Member (2018 – 2019)
- Orange County Jewish Adventure Princesses, Founding Member
- National Eagle Scout Association
- Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity, Regional Governor
- Jewish Federation & Family Services – Solomon Society, Member
- Jewish Community Foundation Orange County, Legacy Donor & Endowment Book of Life Member