- On Our 5th Anniversary, We Are Just Getting Started
- Law Firm Non-Competes are Enforceable in California. Knowing When is the Key.
- Is Your Website ADA-Compliant? If It Isn’t, It Will Cost You.
- Why EO Alchemy or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Business of Law
- California Bans Criminal Background Checks Until ‘After’ Job Offer
- The Dynamex Decision: Is This the End of Independent Contractors in California?
About Amir M. Kahana, Esq.
Amir M. Kahana, Esq. is the Firm-Wide Managing Partner of Kahana Feld. He is an AV Preeminent Rated business litigator and trial attorney who has extensive experience in civil litigation, including partnership and shareholder disputes, contract claims and business torts, as well as employment litigation. Mr. Kahana has a long track record of success, including obtaining one of the largest jury verdicts in Orange County history, recovering over $50 million on behalf of his clients, and litigating over 1000 defense cases to a successful conclusion.
After starting his career at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Mr. Kahana left big-law in 2006 to start his own boutique practice focused on serving small and mid-sized companies that require efficient and thoughtful representation. These clients include companies in the financial services, construction, and healthcare industries. As Kahana Feld has grown into a mid-size firm, Mr. Kahana has expanded his clientele to include large corporations and insurance companies looking for an attorney that understands business and the importance of strategy in obtaining optimal outcomes.
Mr. Kahana lives in Irvine with his wife and three children. He enjoys spending time with his family, playing basketball, skiing, traveling, biking, and being active in the community.
- University of Chicago Law School (Juris Doctor)
- University of Wisconsin – Madison (Bachelor of Arts)
- State Bar of California
- US District Court of the Central, Northern and Southern Districts of California
- US Court of Appeals – Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- US Bankruptcy Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Efficiently resolved more than a thousand defense cases through aggressive litigation and thoughtful resolution, from mediation through trial.
- Collected over $50 million for his clients in business litigation.
- Handled dozens of shareholder and partnership disputes, representing both management and the minority shareholders.
- Obtained a $43 million jury verdict, including punitive damages, based on breach of contract and business fraud claims. This is one of the largest business litigation judgments in Orange County history.
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent peer rating awarded to the top 10% of attorneys that are recognized for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards
- 2008 Nominee for the Top Gun award from the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Attorney at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker, and Manatt Phelps & Phillips
- California Bar Association, Labor and Employment and Business Litigation Sections
- The Irvine Company
- College Hospital
- Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation
- World of Dance
- Amazon Produce Network
- Glidewell Laboratories
- Island Snacks
- C2 Wireless
- Medway Plastics Corporation
- N. Glantz
- Care Healthlogic
- El-Com Systems Solutions
- Gorilla Stationers
- NewportOne Health
- Road Rebel
- SSD Nodes
- Specialized Testing
- YS Tech USA
- Western Regional Delivery Services
- West Wood Products
- Capitol One Financial Corporation
- KPMG International
- PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwC)
- Jewish Federation of Orange County – Board Member
- Temple Bat Yahm – Leadership Council – Social Action Chair
- Entrepreneurs Organization – Former Board Member and Accelerator Chair
- New Directors for Women – Former Board Chair
- Solomon Society – Chair of Late Night 2022