On July 13th, the state of California announced that, due to the surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the following industries must close indoor operations on a statewide basis:
- Wineries and tasting rooms.
- Movie theaters.
- Family entertainment centers.
- Zoos and museums.
- Bars, breweries, and pubs are required to close all operations (indoor and outdoor).
In addition to these statewide closures, Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered the closure of indoor operations for select businesses across 30 counties that have been on the County Monitoring List for three or more consecutive days. This order applies to the following sectors and events:
- Gyms and fitness centers.
- Places of worship.
- Offices for noncritical infrastructure sectors.
- Personal care services (including nail salons, massage parlors and tattoo parlors).
- Hair salons and barbershops.
- Malls and shopping centers.
- Indoor protests.
Outdoor operations may be conducted under a tent, canopy or another sun shelter, so long as no more than one side is closed to allow for sufficient air movement.
These closures will remain in effect until further notice. Information about these closures can be found here: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap-counties/
We will continue to monitor the developing pandemic situation in California and provide updates as appropriate