Amir M. Kahana, Esq.
Amir M. Kahana, Esq. is managing partner of Kahana & Feld LLP. Mr. Kahana, an AV Preeminent Rated business litigator and proven trial attorney, focuses his practice on labor and employment defense, general business litigation, and shareholder and partnership disputes. Mr. Kahana has a long track record of success, including obtaining one of the largest jury verdicts in Orange County history and effectively defending hundreds of cases for business clients.
Mr. Kahana began his career at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher and later worked at Paul, Hasting, Janofsky & Walker. Mr. Kahana started his own law firm in 2006 with an eye towards providing big-firm expertise at smaller-firm rates. In 2008, Mr. Kahana obtained one of the largest jury verdicts in Orange County history, more than $43 million. Mr. Kahana also has successfully defended numerous multi-million dollar lawsuits for his business clients.
Mr. Kahana is a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the California Bar Association and has extensive experience with Labor and Employment litigation. He has defended large wage and hour class actions, and successfully compelled those cases to arbitration. He also has significant experience with partnership and shareholder disputes, which also often involve employment claims.
Mr. Kahana graduated from the University of Wisconsin – Madison with a Bachelor of Arts and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Chicago Law School. He lives in Irvine with his wife and three children and is active in his community, sitting on a non-profit board and volunteering time through numerous organizations.
Representative experiences include:
- Successfully compelling numerous employment claims to arbitration, including wage and hour class actions where the arbitration clause included a class action waiver
- Writing arbitration agreements, including employment arbitration agreements that we enforced
- While striving to settle cases efficiently, taking numerous cases to trial and winning, large plaintiff’s jury verdicts and full defense verdicts
- Successfully directing a verdict in favor of the defense in a superior court trial, and obtaining a full defense verdict in arbitration
- Collecting millions for our clients through our extensive experience with collections and attachment applications
- Handling numerous shareholder and partnership disputes, representing both management and the minority. In 2017, prevailing on a disputed election representing a minority shareholder. On another matter, representing the majority in successfully responding to a complex shareholder claim.