- Labor & Employment Consulting and Litigation
- General Liability
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
Avi M. Attal, Esq.
Avi M. Attal, Esq., an experienced trial lawyer with over fifty trials and arbitrations, is Kahana Feld’s Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Litigation practice group, and trial counsel for the firm's General Liability practice group. Mr. Attal has represented clients through every part of the employment dispute process including compliance consultations, pre-litigation investigations, DFEH & EEOC investigations, worker compensation disputes, Department of Industrial Relations hearings, mediations, binding arbitrations, bench trials, jury trials and appeals - both for individual matters and class action and PAGA cases. Mr. Attal is a key member of the firm's general liability practice group, handling, supervising, and mentoring on general liability cases. Specifically, Mr. Attal's prior employment as staff counsel in a large public insurance company provided behind the scenes insight into the inner workings of insurance claims and the priorities in resolution. Mr. Attal's practice also extends into business litigation and real property litigation.
In addition to serving as litigation counsel, Mr. Attal is a recognized public speaker on employment practices. For years, he has regularly presented to audiences ranging from ten to hundreds on developments in employment law, compliance practices, and practices to both keep employees satisfied while simultaneously protecting companies from lawsuits.
Mr. Attal lives in Irvine California with his wife and three children. He is an active member of Beth Jacob in Irvine where he sings in the choir. He enjoys cooking, rock climbing and sports (especially Cal sports teams).
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- Scott Moot Court Honors Board
- University of California, Berkeley
- Interfraternity Council Judicial Committee
- Beth Jacob Congregation of Irvine, Member and Volunteer
- Olam Montessori, PTO President
- Eagle Scout
- 2022 Employment Law Round-up
- The Hard Edge of Rounding: California Supreme Court May Have Just Put an End to Rounding Policies
- 2021 Employment Law Round-up
- New California Law Attacks Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Epic Systems Decision May Not Ease California Employers’ Pain
- De Minimus Time May Cause Maximum Problems for Employers