- The Hard Edge of Rounding: California Supreme Court May Have Just Put an End to Rounding Policies
- 2021 Employment Law Round-up
- New California Law Attacks Mandatory Arbitration Agreements
- Epic Systems Decision May Not Ease California Employers’ Pain
- De Minimus Time May Cause Maximum Problems for Employers
- The Dynamex Decision: Is This the End of Independent Contractors in California?
About Avi M. Attal, Esq.
Avi M. Attal, Esq. is Chair of the Labor and Employment Litigation practice group as well as the Eminent Domain practice group at Kahana & Feld. Mr. Attal has represented clients through every part of the employment dispute process including pre-litigation investigations, DFEH investigations, worker compensation disputes, Department of Industrial Relations hearings, binding arbitrations and civil litigation. Mr. Attal has represented both public agencies and private landowners in eminent domain and inverse condemnation actions involving full takes, partial takes, easements, severance damages, and contamination. Mr. Attal also has substantial experience in business litigation, personal injury actions,and real property litigation, participating in all aspects of dispute resolution including mediations, bench and jury trials, and civil appeals.
Mr. Attal lives in Irvine California with his wife and three children. He is an active member of Beth Jacob in Irvine where he sings in the choir. In his free time, Mr. Attal enjoys camping, rock climbing and cooking.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- University of California, Berkeley
- State Bar of California
- US District Court of the Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
- Successfully compelled numerous employment matters to arbitration and obtained settlements either at no cost to the client or below insurance retention.
- Obtained a full defense award, as well as recovery of both damages and attorneys’ fees, on cross-complaint in arbitration.
- Successfully resolved employee wrongful termination and accommodation claims for nuisance value.
- Obtained a directed verdict for defense and recovering a six-figure award on cross-complaint in real estate litigation.
- Successfully defended multiple clients having lawsuits dismissed at preliminary pleading level.
- Represented a private landowner in defending eminent domain proceedings and obtained settlement of approximately $4.5 million after initial offer was less than $100,000.
- Represented a church in defending an eminent domain proceeding and reached a settlement approximately five times the initial offer plus additional non-monetary compensation.
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar brain trauma lawsuit in jury trial with no cost to client.
- Martindale Hubble AV Preeminent peer rating awarded to the top 10% of attorneys that are recognized for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards
- Beth Jacob Congregation of Irvine, Member and Volunteer
- Olam Montessori, PTO President
- Eagle Scout