- UPDATED EEOC GUIDELINES FOR EMPLOYERS TO NAVIGATE COVID-19 SCREENING AND TESTING IN THE WORKPLACE
- What California Employers Need to Know About Minimum Wage Increases Effective July 1
- California Passes New COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave
- California Lifts Mask Mandates for Vaccinated Residents
- 6 Steps California Employers Can Take to Implement New CDC COVID-19 Guidelines
- COVID-19 Employment Law Updates
About Ron S. Brand, Esq.
Ron S. Brand, Esq., is Co-Chair of Kahana Feld's Labor and Employment Litigation practice group where he provides legal guidance and representation to employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including defense against Federal and State-based wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour, whistleblower, defamation, breach of contract, fraudulent inducement, and other similar claims. He practices in Federal and State courts and before Federal and State administrative agencies. Mr. Brand also has significant experience in business and corporate litigation, unfair competition litigation, and trade secrets litigation.
Mr. Brand provides preventive counseling and advice to employers on a wide variety of human resources and personnel issues. He also negotiates, drafts, and provides advice regarding employment-related agreements.
Mr. Brand conducts in-house management seminars and training sessions on all aspects of labor and employment law. He is a frequent lecturer before providers of continuing legal education, trade groups, associations, and private employers.
Mr. Brand enjoys hiking, reading, food and wine, music, and spending quality time with his family.
- DePaul University College of Law (Juris Doctor with Honors)
- Order of the Coif
- Article and Note Editor for the DePaul Business and Commercial Law Journal
- University of California, Irvine (Bachelor of Arts, Social Ecology)
- State Bar of California
- All California Federal Courts
- State Bar of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the client in a case where a former employee claimed that she was terminated because of her age. (Isidora Armenta v. Morris National, Inc., Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. BC490036).
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the client in a case where a former employee raised claims under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. (Mark Anthony Quiroz v. Comcast of Los Angeles, Inc., United States District Court, Central District of California Case No. CV 05-7183).
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and permanent injunction against a former employee of the client and a competitor of the client, related to misappropriation of trade secrets and other acts of unfair competition. (Unionbanc Insurance Services, Inc. v. Jane Benedict and Vanorsdale Insurance Services, San Diego County Superior Court Case No. 37-2008-00076440).
- Successfully defended numerous clients before the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
- Successfully defended numerous clients before the federal Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division and the California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- Secured workplace violence restraining orders on behalf of several clients related to threats of violence made by current or former employees.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the client a case where the former employee claimed that he was terminated because of his disability. (Jeremy McDaniel v. FlashCo Manufacturing, Inc., Los Angeles County Superior Court Case No. 20STCV09497).
- “AV” Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- 2011 Southern California Rising Star
- 2015 Habitat for Humanity of Orange County Outstanding Volunteer Award for Human Resources
- 2016 Secretary/Treasurer of the Labor & Employment Section of the Orange County Bar Association
- 2017 Chair-Elect of the Labor & Employment Section of the Orange County Bar Association
- 2017 Honorary Chair of WHW’s Suits For A Cause Campaign
- 2018 Chair of the Labor & Employment Section of the Orange County Bar Association
- 2018 Honorary Chair of WHW’s Suits For A Cause Campaign
- 2019 Southern California Super Lawyer
- 2020 Southern California Super Lawyer
- 2021 Southern California Super Lawyer
- 2022 Southern California Super Lawyer
- 2023 Southern California Super Lawyer
- American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association, Member
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- Equity Insurance Managers of Illinois, LLC v. McNichols, 324 Ill.App.3d 830 (2001)
- Student Loan Fraud: Intent to Deceive not Required Under Section 1097(a) of the Higher Education Act [DePaul Business Law Journal, 10 DePaul Bus. L.J. 63 (now known as the DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal)]
- Drafting Employment Documents for California Employers [Continuing Education of the Bar – California (CEB)]
- Habitat for Humanity of Orange County – Legal Advisor
- HomeAid Orange County – Legal Advisor
- American Family Housing – Legal Advisor
- Jewish Community Foundation of Orange County – Member of the Board of Directors, Member of the Executive Committee, and Chair of the Personnel Committee
- Jewish Federation of Orange County – Member of Solomon Society