- Construction Law
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Kari Rutherford, Esq.
Kari Rutherford is a Senior Attorney in the Irvine Office at Kahana Feld in the Construction Defect Practice Group. Ms. Rutherford has 27 years of experience representing clients in complex construction defect litigation and general insurance defense matters. Ms. Rutherford's prior employment as staff counsel for over 20 years, and claim consultant for St.Paul/Travelers Insurance, provided her with a unique understanding of claim handling practices and their requirements as well as representing the construction clients through litigation.
Ms. Rutherford is known as an effective, professional and thorough litigator. She understands the importance of early evaluation of cases to ensure they are being properly and efficiently prepared for either settlement or trial.
In her time away from the office, Kari enjoys outdoor activities, the beach, boating at the river, traveling to tropical locations, as well as hiking, Pilates, and spending time with family and friends.
- Western State College of Law (Juris Doctor, cum laude)
- Extern to Honorable Sheila Press Soneshine (Ret), US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Law Review Staff Writer and Production Editor
- California State University of San Bernardino (Bachelor of Arts in Sociology)
- Obtained Insurance License in multiple states