About John F. Kazanovicz II, Esq.
John F. Kazanovicz II, Esq. is a Partner in Kahana & Feld's construction, employment, and insurance defense practice groups. Mr. Kazanovicz primarily handles construction and employment law and has represented all sides of these types of disputes, including developers, general contractors, subcontractors, employers, and employees. In his construction practice, Mr. Kazanovicz assists his clients at all stages of a project, from drafting of construction contract through construction and claims and litigation which arise during and after the construction phase. In his employment practice, Mr. Kazanovicz works with his clients to develop risk management strategy, drafting of employment handbooks and agreements, responding to and attending governmental hearings including Department of Industrial Relations and EEOC, terminations, dispute resolution prior to the initiation of litigation, and litigation.
Mr. Kazanovicz lives in San Francisco with his wife and daughter. In his free time, he enjoys playing golf, basketball, and softball, being a fanatic when it comes to the Boston professional sports teams, and cheering on his alma mater Brown University football team, where he played four years winning an Ivy League title in 2005.
- Santa Clara University (Juris Doctor)
- Honors Moot Court, Treasurer
- Northern California Innocence Project, Student Attorney
- Santa Clara County Public Defender’s Office, Law Clerk
- Brown University (Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics)
- State Bar of California
- US District Court of the Northern District of California
- US District Court of the Eastern District of California