About David Leyva
David Leyva is an attorney in the Oakland office of Kahana & Feld LLP with experience in complex civil litigation and large-scale e-discovery matters. He has handled numerous actions for clients in state, federal and bankruptcy courts. Mr. Leyva received his J.D. from UCLA with a specialization in Business Law, where he was also production editor of the Chicano/a-Latino/a Law Review. While at law school, he volunteered with the El Centro Legal clinic and served as research assistant to Professor Adam Winkler. Mr. Leyva lives in Pacifica with his wife and two children. He volunteers as a weekly instructor for his children's Sunday school class. In his free time he enjoys landscaping outdoors, reading, and hiking local trails with family.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- Chief Production Editor, Chicano-Latino Law Review
- Member of El Centro Legal Aid Clinic: Landlord/Tenant Clinic
- Princeton University (A.B. in American Politics)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California