About Alexa P. Stephenson, Esq.
Alexa P. Stephenson, Esq. is a litigation attorney at Kahana & Feld. Ms. Stephenson has handled numerous actions for clients in state, federal, bankruptcy, and administrative courts.
Ms. Stephenson graduated cum laude from Chapman University School of Law in 2016, where she was the Senior Symposium Editor for the Chapman Law Review, President of the Chapman Women Lawyers Association, and received five CALI awards for the highest-class grade. Ms. Stephenson was also a recipient of a merit scholarship, academic achievement scholarship, and Commitment to Service Award.
Since graduating, Ms. Stephenson has primarily handled real estate, finance, securities, and bankruptcy law issues for nonconventional private money lenders, loan servicers, foreclosure trustees, brokers, investors, and their affiliates.
Ms. Stephenson lives in Orange County and enjoys visiting historical sites in Europe, cheering on the Angels baseball team, reading, and attending Paint Nite with friends.
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Orange, California (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude)
- Law Review: Senior Symposium Editor, 2015-2016; Staff Editor, 2014-2015
- Chapman Women Lawyers Association: President, 2015-2016; Secretary, 2014-2015
- Student Ambassador, 2015-2016
- Legal Research & Writing Academic Fellow 2014-2015
- S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California (the Honorable Scott C. Clarkson): Extern 2015-2016
- United States Attorney’s Office: Extern 2016
- CALI Award for Highest Class Grade: Legal Research and Writing I & II, Torts I, Client Interview & Counsel, Legal Analysis Workshop
- Commitment to Service Award (Over 50 hours of Pro Bono Legal Service Committed)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
- Obtained relief from stay for over 60 private lenders in bankruptcy court, including “in rem” relief for dozens of properties to prevent further bankruptcy filings
- Successfully expunged lis pendens, fraudulent liens, and other clouds on title for several lenders and property owners
- Obtained payment in full for dozens of loans for private lenders through California state and bankruptcy legal proceedings
- Mediated disputes between private lenders, borrowers, home buyers, and home sellers without need of further litigation
- Successfully defended dozens of wrongful foreclosure, usury, TILA, and RESPA lawsuits and administrative actions filed against private lenders, loan servicers, foreclosure trustees, brokers, and investors
- Enforced guaranty agreements against guarantors after borrowers defaulted on loan agreement
- Defeated borrower requests for preliminary injunctions to halt foreclosure sales
- Private Lender magazine, 2020, “Bankruptcy Filings On The Rise: Is Your Loan Enforceable in Bankruptcy Court”
- International Order of the Rainbow for Girls, Majority Member and Past State Officer
- UCSB Alumni Association, Member
- Chapman Law Alumni Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Division, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Division, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- American Association of Private Lenders, Ethics Advisory Committee, Former Member