About Alexa P. Stephenson, Esq.
Alexa P. Stephenson is a litigation attorney at Kahana & Feld. Ms. Stephenson has handled numerous actions for clients in state, federal, bankruptcy, and administrative courts.
Ms. Stephenson graduated cum laude from Chapman University School of Law in 2016, where she was the Senior Symposium Editor for the Chapman Law Review, President of the Chapman Women Lawyers Association, and received five CALI awards for the highest-class grade. Ms. Stephenson was also a recipient of a merit scholarship, academic achievement scholarship, and Commitment to Service Award.
Since graduating, Ms. Stephenson has primarily handled real estate, finance, securities, and bankruptcy law issues for nonconventional private money lenders, loan servicers, foreclosure trustees, brokers, investors, and their affiliates.
Ms. Stephenson lives in Orange County and enjoys visiting historical sites in Europe, cheering on the Angels baseball team, reading, and attending Paint Nite with friends.
- Chapman University, Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Orange, California (Juris Doctor, Cum Laude)
- Law Review: Senior Symposium Editor, 2015-2016; Staff Editor, 2014-2015
- Chapman Women Lawyers Association: President, 2015-2016; Secretary, 2014-2015
- Student Ambassador, 2015-2016
- Legal Research & Writing Academic Fellow 2014-2015
- S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California (the Honorable Scott C. Clarkson): Extern 2015-2016
- United States Attorney’s Office: Extern 2016
- CALI Award for Highest Class Grade: Legal Research and Writing I & II, Torts I, Client Interview & Counsel, Legal Analysis Workshop
- Commitment to Service Award (Over 50 hours of Pro Bono Legal Service Committed)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (Bachelor of Arts in Political Science)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
- Obtained relief from stay for over 60 private lenders
- Successfully settled dozens of lawsuits and administrative actions filed against private lenders, loan servicers, foreclosure trustees, brokers, and investors
- Private Lender magazine, 2020, “Bankruptcy Filings On The Rise: Is Your Loan Enforceable in Bankruptcy Court”
- International Order of the Rainbow for Girls
- UCSB Alumni Association
- Chapman Law Alumni Association
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation Division, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- American Association of Private Lenders, Ethics Advisory Committee, Member