About Samuel Yu, Esq.
Samuel Yu, Esq. is a seasoned trial attorney with over a decade of experience in business litigation, and a partner at Kahana & Feld. Mr. Yu is Chair of the Shareholder Litigation practice group, and also has extensive experience in labor and employment litigation. He has successfully represented clients in various business enterprises including telecommunications companies, technology companies, logistics companies, textile companies, real estate brokerages, supermarket chains, non-profit organizations, and small businesses in a broad range of practice areas.
Mr. Yu volunteers his time at Sa-Rang Community Church in Anaheim, CA, where he is an active member within the HolyWave Ministry. He has also participated on an outreach mission to Tokyo, Japan and looks forward to going on other outreach trips in the future. Mr. Yu resides in Irvine with his wife and two sons.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- Loyola of Los Angeles International & Comparative Law Review, Staff Writer
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Intern
- University of California, Berkeley (Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies)
- Obtained favorable settlements in excess of $2.5 million on behalf of the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC) on breach of contract, domestication of foreign judgment, and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Successfully defended a non-profit religious organization in a takeover attempt.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a real estate broker in a breach of fiduciary duty action.
- Obtained a jury verdict for the tenant in an action against the landlord for intentional interference with prospective economic advantage where the jury awarded the tenant approximately $700,000, over twice the amount originally sought.
- Obtained a favorable settlement of more than $600,000 on a breach of contract action on behalf of a telecommunications company for a recovery of 95% of the amount owed after bringing a motion for summary judgment.
- Prevailed on summary judgment in excess of $300,000 against a construction company regarding damages arising from a home renovation project.
- AV Preeminent Rated
- Prior Association with LTL Attorneys
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, Member
- Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC)
- Korea Resolution & Collection Corporation (KR&C)
- Golden Drop Trucking
- Liberty Commercial Finance
- Harvest International Trading Co.
- MIRA Investments
- Quality Men’s Wear, Inc.
Sa-Rang Community Church in Anaheim, CA, Small Group Leader