About Carl Katz, Esq.
Carl Katz is a seasoned attorney and entrepreneur who serves as comes to Kahana & Feld from the private business sector after successfully serving as in-house Counsel for Fortune 500 companies, and holding C-suite positions (COO, CFO, and General Counsel) with several local businesses including breweries, advertising agencies and branding & marketing companies. Mr. Katz is Of Counsel with the firm and advises business owners and entrepreneurs on issues faced by businesses, including employment, compliance, intellectual property, advertising and promotions, contracts and negotiation.
Mr. Katz resides in North Tustin with his wife and two daughters. To maintain balance, he enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, traveling, and ramen.
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- Rotary Fellowship, Keio University, Tokyo Japan and Temple University, Tokyo Japan
- University of California, San Diego (Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Minor in Japanese Studies)
- International Christian University, Tokyo, Japan, year abroad
- Laguna Beach Beer Co., COO
- The Bruery, CFO/COO
- The Buddy Group, CFO/COO
- Sprint, Senior Counsel, Advertising and Marketing Practices
- Nextel, Counsel, Advertising and Marketing Practices
- Prior Association at Collier, Shannon, Rill & Scott
- Jewish Community Foundation of Orange County, Executive Board Member
- Jewish Federation of Orange County
- Board of Directors from 2007-2014
- Solomon Society
- Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America – California Chapter, Board Member, from 2011-2012