About Alex M. Chazen, Esq.Alex M. Chazen, Esq. is an experienced litigator and trial attorney at Kahana & Feld. Mr. Chazen primarily handles construction and real estate law and has represented all sides of these types of actions, including developers, general contractors, trade contractors, owners, and buyers. Mr. Chazen works with his clients at all stages of a project, from site planning and the drafting of contract and project documents through actual construction, the sales process, and litigation that often arises during and after the construction phase. Mr. Chazen also works with his clients to develop risk management strategy, business and project planning, and dispute resolution prior to the initiation of litigation.
Mr. Chazen lives in Newport Beach with his wife and two children.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- Scott Moot Court Honors Board, Associate Justice
- Tax Appeals Assistance Program, Student Attorney
- Los Angeles, Country District Attorney’s Office, Law Clerk
- University of California, Irvine (Bachelors of Arts in Political Science)
- State Bar of California
- US District Court of the Central District of California
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements on behalf of developers and general contractors in construction defect litigation.
- Successfully argued against Type I indemnity agreement, negating $4 million dollar claim against client.
- Recognized as Rising Star by Super Lawyer Magazine (2018, 2019)
- Recognized for CLM Professional of the Year – Young Professional Outside Counsel, Finalist
- Annual West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, Speaker
- Perrin Construction Defect Claims and Trial Conference, Speaker
- CLM Webinar – A National Case Law Review of 2018, Co-Presenter
- Author of “The Tender Letter” in ABA Construction Section Under Construction Magazine Spring 2019
- Bay Window Magazine, Legal Columnist
- Building Hope: City of Hope, Real Estate and Construction Industries Council, Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member of Construction Law Community
- California Lawyers Association – Real Property Law Section, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Construction Section Member