About Alex M. Chazen, Esq.
Alex M. Chazen, Esq. is an experienced litigator and trial attorney at Kahana & Feld. Mr. Chazen has extensive experience with civil litigation, with an emphasis on real estate and construction litigation and has successfully represented clients in all aspects of construction litigation, including developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners. He has worked with clients at all stages of a project, from drafting contract and project documents to developing risk management strategy and dispute resolution prior to the initiation of litigation.
Mr. Chazen lives in Newport Beach with his wife and two children.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles (Juris Doctor)
- Scott Moot Court Honors Board, Associate Justice
- Tax Appeals Assistance Program, Student Attorney
- Los Angeles, Country District Attorney’s Office, Law Clerk
- University of California, Irvine (Bachelors of Arts in Political Science)
- Obtained multiple favorable settlements on behalf of developers and general contractors in construction defect litigation.
- Successfully argued against Type I indemnity agreement, negating $4 million dollar claim against client.
- Recognized as Rising Star by Super Lawyer Magazine (2018, 2019)
- Finalist for CLM Professional of the Year – Young Professional Outside Counsel
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- Annual West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar, Speaker
- Perrin Construction Defect Claims and Trial Conference, Speaker
- CLM Webinar – A National Case Law Review of 2018, Panel Member
- City of Hope, Real Estate and Construction Industries Council, Member