Avi M. Attal, Esq.
Ph. : 949-812-4784
Avi M. Attal, Esq., an established litigator and proven trial attorney, is Chair of the Labor and Employment Litigation practice group at Kahana & Feld LLP. Mr. Attal has represented clients through every part of the employment dispute process including pre-litigation investigations, DFEH investigations, worker compensation disputes, Department of Industrial Relations hearings, binding arbitrations and civil litigation. He has been an MCLE presenter regarding employment developments and how they affect businesses.
In addition to Mr. Attal’s labor and employment focus, he has substantial experience in business litigation, personal injury actions, eminent domain proceedings and real property litigation. Mr. Attal has participated in nearly every type of dispute resolution including mediations, binding arbitrations, multi-panel arbitrations, bench trials, jury trials and civil appeals. For defendants, Mr. Attal has successfully defended multi-million dollar actions including brain trauma lawsuits, wrongful death actions, public agency disputes and insurance litigation.
Mr. Attal graduated from the University of California, Berkeley and received his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. He began his practice with Best, Best & Krieger, LLP before moving inhouse with one of the nation’s largest insurance companies and then working at a boutique eminent domain firm. Through these experiences, Mr. Attal has developed skills in efficiently and effectively resolving and litigating a wide array of disputes. Mr. Attal lives in Irvine California with his wife and son. He is an active member of Beth Jacob in Irvine where he sings in the choir. In his free time, he enjoys camping, rock climbing and cooking.
Representative experiences include:
- Successfully compelling numerous employment matters to arbitration and obtaining settlements either at no cost to the client or below insurance retention
- Obtaining a full defense award, as well as recovery of both damages and attorneys’ fees, on cross-complaint in San Francisco arbitration
- Successfully resolving employee wrongful termination and accommodation claims for nuisance value
- Obtaining a directed verdict for defense and recovering a six-figure award on cross-complaint in real estate litigation
- Successfully defending multiple clients having lawsuits dismissed at preliminary pleading level
- Representing a private landowner in defending eminent domain proceedings and obtaining settlement of approximately $4.5 million after initial offer was less than $100,000
- Representing a church in defending an eminent domain proceeding and reaching a settlement approximately five times the initial offer plus additional non-monetary compensation
- Successfully defending a multi-million dollar brain trauma lawsuit in jury trial with no cost to client